Blog Archive

Friday, February 19, 2010

28 days til' spring causes antisipation....

I guess all this cold weather/cooped up season stuff tends to have me looking at magazines a little more than usual and the idea factory starts to pick up steam.  One thing I have been thinking about is to put the laundry sink/counter in soon so we have a working sort of kitchen area to use when we are out there working.  And I've been looking at pictures for a open type of furniture looking base for  the basement sink/vanity for the bathroom.  Let me know what you think.  So here is the space where the laundry sink will go.  This is right inside the back door, the first thing you see when you open the door.  I think I want to put my front loader washer/dryer set UNDER the counter instead of stacking them to the left.  I like the idea of having a larger counter area and the sink that I have for the space is pretty big.  After all, I'll be bringing in armloads of fresh garden vegetables daily, right?  *we'll see she thinks*  Sounds good from here.
Here's some ideas for under the counter laundry solutions. 
You get the idea (s) anyway, right?  Don't think I'll go for the two washers/dryers thing.  If you have twelve kids, that's the way to go though.  I think I should consider baskets and shelves instead of cupboards with doors over the counter space.  I can make that work better with the existing ones without clashing.  I am liking the chalkboard green paint on the wall in that first photo.

Ok, now for that sink/vanity I have for the basement bath........I do think some faucet replacements will be in the future though.
So these are some pictures I have found while looking for vanity ideas and I think I could really make something like this work with my $30 sink top w/faucets *he hem*  I was hoping this would bring the commenter out in all of you.  How bout' it, why don't you tell me what you think?

2 comments:

Alisha said...

I LOVE THE LAST PICTURE OF THE TWO WASHERS AND DRYERS, ONLY ONE SET THO- THATS AWESOME, COLOR AND ALL.
ALSO LIKE THE TABLES, THE ONES THAT HAVE THE PINK FLOWERS, I REALLY LIKE THE RUSTIC LOOK AND BASKETS. ECT... YOU SOUND LIKE YOU ARE GETTING EXCITED. IM REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU.

Jean said...

I was just looking at the same picture and thought the same thing - the huge counter is great. and then i said - wow i have a comment!!! Well, I'm trying not to get too excited. We just don't know when we will sell our house that we live in. This is all very slow going. But I do think I'm going to put in a garden out here so it will be nice to put in a counter and sink to use so I don't have to anticipate every move, such as bringing something to wash hands with...etc. We eat out there when we work out there, so it would make it nice. maybe a fridge and a pizza oven?.....hmmm.....microwave. The kids could make lunch while I water the garden....and sort through mount trashmore....oh, the possibilities are endless.