Blog Archive

Sunday, September 6, 2009

WHAT a day!

This diamond shaped window has been buggin' me forever, so today it got taken out and covered up. yay. The one in the closet was taken out too.




















We did have to take time out to relax now and then. We made BLT's. So, how do you like the rustic look? I like it better than that yucky metal siding. I especially hated the black shutters.



































We had the use of this lift for the whole day, for FREE. It was a long day indeed. We tore all the aluminum siding off the house. And then we tore off all the wood siding. Then there was the clearing of the mess that had to be done. We used our old van to move some of that to a burn pile, we felt like some real hillbillies. We put some thin foam insulation on one side after that. Like I said, it was a long day! We made toast for the first time at the new house today. wow. How could that be exciting? can't explain it, sorry. It's just plain exciting.

3 comments:

Lil red said...

I love your header picture!!

P.S. I found that picture of Mr. B (you know, that one you were telling us about when he was wearing his new jeans?). LOL

Kristi said...

It's great to see the progress on your house!

Pat I said...

Wow! I haven't checked blogs for awhile, and have you all been busy!!! I'm impressed. That light at the end of the moving tunnel has to be shining a bit more brightly right about now!